WHO ARE OUR CLUB CAPTAINS?
We held our elections for club captain in May, with great excitement as our young members cast their votes. It was a very close election but once the votes had all been counted and recounted the result was confirmed. Our club captains for 2018-19 are Emer and Philip, pictured below. Congratulations to them - we know they will do a fine job. Huge thanks also to our outgoing elected club captains, Aaron and Katie who've been great ambassadors for the club and excellent captains and role models.
WHAT'S THE ROLE OF THE CLUB CAPTAIN?
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF CLUB CAPTAINS
The key roles and responsibilities of club captains are as follows:
- to be an excellent role model for other swimmers at all times
- to attend club training and time trials regularly
- to do my best at all times, in my training and competing and in all other aspects of club life
- to share ideas and concerns about the running of the club with committee members, CCO and coaches/teachers
- to listen to other young members, asking them regularly for their ideas and opinions and to be willing to share these with the committee and others
- to welcome new members and help them settle into the club
- to be a positive supporter of the club at both home and away events
- to represent the club, including by meeting and greeting visiting teams and thanking hosting teams at away fixtures
- to carry out other duties appropriate to the role of captain as required