Lecale ASC Complaints & Disciplinary Procedures
This section sets out our approach to handling complaints and taking disciplinary action within the club. Our approach reflects and adheres to the Swim Ireland Complaints and Disciplinary Rules and Procedures. You can access these rules and procedures via this link.
As a club, we value feedback from our members. Where feedback is negative, we will aim to resolve any issues informally with you. However, we want our swimmers, their parents and our committee members and coaches/teachers to know that they do have a right to complain where they feel that our standards of care, treatment or practice might fall short of what is acceptable and should be expected. We commit to responding effectively and in a timely manner to all complaints received.
The complaints procedure commences when any party makes a written complaint against the club. Here are some things it is useful to know about when considering a formal complaint:
- Complaints must be made in writing on the Complaint Form Template which can be found at Appendix 1 of the Rules and Procedures via the link below: http://www.swimireland.ie/files/documents/Swim-Ireland-Complaints-Disciplinary-Rules-Procedures-Document-Jan2012.pdf
- The complaint must be delivered by email to the CDC Chair at email@example.com
- The complaint must be delivered to the CDC Chair within 14 days of the alleged incident unless there are exceptional circumstances to extend beyond this deadline
- There is a cost for each club, region and Swim Ireland in administering the Complaints & Disciplinary Process. Swim Ireland therefore requires that written complaints are accompanied by a fee of €50
The club may initiate disciplinary procedures against a member for a range of offences (see section 2 of the rules and procedures document. The club will also have to respond if one of its members has breached Swim Ireland or club rules or regulations or the relevant Code of Conduct and this is reported by someone outside the club.
Complaints and Disciplinary Committee
Our Club has a Complaints and Disciplinary Committee (CDC). It is made up of three adult members, all of whom are members of Swim Ireland who have completed safeguarding training and have Access NI clearance. In keeping with Swim Ireland requirements, only one of our CDC members currently sits on the Club’s executive committee. The Lecale CDC membership is as follows:
· Annabel Cleave (Executive Committee member and Chair of CDC)
· Michael Quinn
· Katrina Godfrey