Click here for information on the Swim Ulster Skills Camp - open to gala squad swimmers born in 2005-2003 only.
Eamonn has put together a few sets for swimmers can work through over the holidays. Try to get down to the pool and keep up your swim fitness over the summer. See you in September!
Click the photo for news, photos and videos from the IAG Div 2 Championships.
Click here to check out all the photos and results from the Championships - well done to all who took part!
Saturday 20th June saw the sun shining (most of the time) for Lecale’s first fun day. Twenty-four swimmers, in four teams, swapped their jammers and kneeskins for some wetsuits and buoyancy aids as they took part in a raft building competition and then set sail on the chilly waters of Castlewellan Lake.
It was a fun day out with plenty of great teambuilding. The rafts all stayed afloat and intact and returned safely to shore. The teams then returned to the water for a bit of very impressive synchronised swimming!
Thanks to Life Adventure Centre for their warm welcome and for looking after us so well.
Well done to Amy and Laura on achieving their Duke of Edinburgh Silver Awards and to Ellen on achieving her Bronze Award. All your hours on poolside are paying off - keep up the great work!
We are organising a fun team building day out for our older swimmers. Details are below:
· Where? Life Adventure Centre in Castlewellan Forest Park
· When? Saturday 20th June from 1pm
· Who? From P6 swimmers upwards. See below for criteria to be used if demand exceeds spaces available.
· What? A selection of 2-3 activities including raft building, canoeing, archery, orienteering, etc.
· Cost? £25 per head.
· Reply by? If you want a space, please respond to registration desk by Friday 5th June 2015
· Transport? It will be for families to arrange transport to and from Castlewellan Forest Park.
· Supervision? Children will be supervised during the activities by club leaders and activity instructors and in line with Swim Ireland requirements
For the organised activities, if demand exceeds supply, priority will be given first to those who respond by the above date. If we are still oversubscribed, swimmers in Eamonn's 9pm Friday session will be given priority.
We hope that our Forest Feast Aquasprinters are preparing for the finals in Armagh this Friday. Make sure you've left lots of energy to swim your best on Friday evening!
As it's a three-club final between ourselves, Breifne and Portadown, the Lecale team will be restricted to 2 lanes and hence our numbers will be limited. If you're not selected to swim on Friday please do come along with your whole family to support your team mates by cheering as loud as you can!
Click here to find Orchard LC in Armagh